December 20, 2010

Beds.

I stopped home over lunch today and was pleasantly surprised to see that Jeff had not only cleaned the house but also decided it was time to get out the tools and transform Ellie's crib to her toddler bed. I have this sneaking suspicion that she will fall out more than once.  I also suspect she'll be getting herself out of bed to play with her toys at 2:00 a.m.

Speaking of playing at 2 a.m., last week she was crying for what seemed like forever, I finally roused Jeff enough to go in and see what the problem was; after a long battle of trying to get her down he came back to our room and went back to bed.  I asked what was going on since I could still hear Ellie, this time goofing around instead of screaming.  He said she wanted to play and he was tired of dealing with her so he left her to play.  Umm...okay...so he went back to bed???  I, on the other hand was rocking Emma and determined that our 21 month old could not have the run of the house (or at least the second floor) while we slept peacefully.  After getting Emma back to sleep, which was tricky given that Ellie kept running in and out screaming and playing, I had the task of getting her back to sleepy mode and down for the last few hours of our night.  Parenting, oh so fun.

And...while I'm talking about beds, Emma also is moving up.  Santa delivered a big girl crib (he stopped by early this year). So she will soon go from sleeping in this:


to sleeping in this:


Not to mention she was sleeping in our closet (don't worry, we have a big closet, it even has a window in the event of an emergency).  Once her bedding arrives (pictured below) she'll be sleeping in the guest bedroom.  That's our next project - turning the guest room into Emma's nursery.  


Here's the bedding:
I was a sucker and bought the rug and curtain too, thank goodness for holiday sales.  And to think, it all started with a bed skirt...


No comments:

Post a Comment